By: Neil Fawcett
It is reputed that the recipe for jugged hare in Mrs Beeton’s famous cookery book started “first catch your hare”. The government’s recipe for a do it yourself Home Information Pack says you’ll need to “locate a Domestic Energy Assessor to do your Energy Performance Certificate”. Should that be a problem?  By June there will probably be Energy Assessors queuing down the street for the chance to “do your Energy Performance Certificate”.

Just now, they seem to be keeping a low profile. There are web sites a plenty saying how you might, if so inclined, become an energy assessor. Our quick tour of the web revealed two sites that purport to list the qualified assessors in your area. One doesn’t work (or if it does it’s so slow its not worth waiting) and the other lists just one fully qualified assessor for the whole of the West Midlands.

Fawcett & Pattni Solicitors at http://fp-law.com Links